Jan 17, 2009

Punishment sucks!

I snuck a day off work last Friday and I am sure I am now being punished. I had a sore throat and burning eyes that hit me out of nowhere. Stopped at the quilt store on Thursday after work and grabbed some deals and came home and was in bed by 6:30 ... and that is where I stayed until Friday morning. Got up and called into work (both jobs) and off I went back to bed until 8 p.m. Knocked me on my butt. I have now been up for 1 1/2 hrs and going for a nap when I am done this post. I am itching to go to IKEA with my daughter. Maybe Wednesday night but I do not know if 4 hours is enough time in IKEA for either of us.
So here is my grab from Thursday night..Buggy Barn and Heather Mulder Peterson for $5.00 a metre.
I didn't post the my finish the other day. This is the first time I did not wash before I made, to see what the final wrinkled look would be. Gotta tell you - I like that look for lap quilts.
It was stippled (of course) as that is all I am comfortable doing right now.

And the back. Love that wrinkled look!!

Next up is a Cottage Blossom by Kim Schaefer for Andover Fabrics. The pattern is really simple and little waste which I wanted as the pack only had 15 fat qtr's in it. Enough for lap size.


I really only do throw size ..I do not want a full size quilt on my bed. ( I know some think that is wierd) and I like to make lots of different ones so the throw size works for me. I have seen this pattern for sale..in quilt magazines and on blogs. So I really do not know who this pattern originally belongs to..but alot of people are doing it..probably for its simplicity and the different looks you can achieve.

The colours look much nicer in person and really nice fabric to work with.
That is it for today..have fun sewing!

No comments: