Aug 10, 2008

START THE CAR !

I was putting in time at work Friday and thinking how much I DO NOT want to be there and that I should take a break and go down and buy some fabric..I tried talking myself out of it...because I knew it was totally out of boredom...but the urge just took over.
Well la~de~da..I am so glad I did because our fabric outlet Len's Mills has put in alot more charm squares...and I found the Mix & Mingle by Sandy Gervais there...INCORRECTLY priced at $4.99....Actually there were 5 packs priced at $4.99 and the rest were priced at $8.99. I quickly snatched up those 5 packs..and the whole time I kept thinking of the Ikea commercial where the girl is scurrying out of the start yelling for her husband to start the car!!!

I took the packs and shuffled them up and just started sewing the charms together. Top is now done except for borders and I wll get some yardage today at the LQS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lucky girl!! To find a bargain like that. Did you buy some for your BFF in New Brunswick? I hear there is NO quilt shop in her area. Not even a fabric shop!She has to drive an hour to get some fabric. Poor soul. Can't wait to see your new quilt top. Hurry and get those borders on so we can see.

Hazel said...

Isn't Len's the best .I seem to be right in the middle of all the lens stores so I frequent them all the time .My favorite is Cambridge .Pretty fabric can't wait to see what you make from it .