Nov 11, 2009

Going Crazy

This quilt drove me bonkers putting it together. What I thought were good flat seems..uhhmm..not so much. When I had it up on the wall- my daughter and I had it all sorted out so no two colours ended up side by side but somewhow I managed to screw all that up when I was sewing them together. That's o.k. Then I go to the quilt store to p/u the backing. Well I don't usually pay $9.00 a metre for backing but, it was the only Joel Dewberry left. I love Joel. He was worth it. So that was o.k. too. Now most of these fat quarters I got for 2 - 3 dollars (which is a good deal here). However this quilt is not fat quarter friendly...at all. Alot of waste. But so worth it. So that was o.k. too. Allison never claimed it to be fat quarter friendly. She said to use strips. It was a great tutorial. I didn't listen...
So Sunday I am stippling happily away so I could sew the binding on while in front of  the TV  while watching Amazing Race~Desperate Housewifes and Brothers & Sisters. Yeah......like that was going to happen. I was almost done stippling and my machine started getting a little ALOT pissy with me ..jumping .. sticking... hopping...I broke 5 needles..I re-threaded..I cleaned...I begged..I pleaded. This was so not O.K. So I did what any frustrated quilter would do... I went bat shit crazy. I actually sat in front of that machine and yelled obscenities at it.. I think I am over my temper tantrum now and I will check tonight to see if it needs a doctor or a damn good smack.
Did I say how much I just love this quilt and I am so making one in traditional fabrics...soon. Oh..and from strips.

No comments: