Jan 2, 2011

Year 2011 - Project Me

I really do like the beginning of each year. It's like you have a chance to start "over", though we really can't ever start over. We can only continue our journey in a different way..with a different attitude..with different goals..The beginning of a new calendar ..is just that..the beginning of a new calendar year. A starting point. A date to measure our goals by. We usually give ourselves the entire year to measure success or failure.

I knew in March 2010 that I would be losing my job..sometime before the end of the year as my boss wanted to retire. I was so looking forward to that day. I chose to stay and work up until the final day rather then find another job so I could have some time off. I have been a workaholic for many many years. So in September my job of 12 years ended. At that time I had a part-time job also so I wasn't too worried but I got blindsided (along with others) and that job was finished in December. They may reopen in March 2011 after the owner renovates. He can go %#!@*& himself. I am pissed about that one. They are trying to sell as he wants to retire also. So I have gone from workaholic to sweet piss all!

Good comes from every bad though and since I was the only person in the office it was real hard for me to take holidays and when the job finished I got to visit BFF in New Brunswick and my brother in Nova Scotia.

This is the first time ever in my life that I have been without a job so this New Year I really am continuing my journey in a whole different way. I am still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.

This is what I do know though:
1. I want to change my blog name ( I believe this to be true) and format.
2. Either get my shit together and write on the blog or delete it.
3. I rather work 7 days a week and bitch about it, then not work at all.That I should take this time to get to
    know myself and what I want to do in the future.
4. I got very lazy and convinced myself that I should not waste the gas money to travel 1/2 hr to go to the
    YMCA since I do not work, but still pay the monthly fee.
5. Not going to the YMCA is more damaging then not working.

So to sum it up..quilt more..blog about it..exercise more...blog about it.

Best Wishes in 2011

1 comment:

Linda said...

Glad to see you back. I was wondering what had happened to you! Hope the new year brings you lots of good stuff.
Lurking Linda